This is a blog about nothing in particular. I am no one special, other than the fact that we are all special in one way or another. Along the ride we will talk about life in general, motorcycles, music, kids and other fun stuff. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Its been way too long since I posted. I have sort of been shamed into restarting. Life has been very, very crazy recently. My mother was in a serious car accident on March 15, and came very close to dying. She ran off the road in her retirement community and hit a tree square on. We have no idea why, she has no memory of the accident. She was really beat up. She broke her nose, actually it was a compound fracture, inside of the nostrils which wasn't found until the surgery. She also broke several ribs on her right side, one which punctured her lung which caused it to deflate. On top of the collapsed lung she aspirated a lot of the blood from the broken nose. She was on a ventilator since the accident, and only got taken off of it yesterday officially.

So on top of all of that trauma that needed to be dealt with another situation occurred. My uncle, my mother's twin committed suicide. We were not especially close with him, but my mother takes any deaths very hard, and I am sure she will be devastated when she learns about this. My sisters and I really had a hard time trying to decide if we should tell her or not. We decided that it would be best to wait until she is in a position that she can mourn the best way for her. It was hard, and I feel like I am lying to her when I see her but she hasn't asked me about her brother, so I feel that until she does I am OK.

Recently I was contacted by my cousin, Gene who is my Uncle's son. We actually meet for the second time in my mother's hospital room. He lives very close to the hospital and has stopped in to see mom twice. She loves seeing anyone and told me what a "nice boy" he was. I had to laugh at that because I think he is almost exactly my age. We had a nice discussion and I learned about his profession and family, and I shared my liefe with him as well. All the time skirting bringing up his father. I had to leave around 7 pm because Mom is in a hospital about an 1 1/2 away from where I live. Gene stayed. I had a difficult time sleeping that night because I just had an image of my Mother asking Gene how his father was. A normal question which would seem totally harmless. I was just dreading that he would be put into that situation and the pain it would cause both Mom and Gene.

Moving on. Last Saturday was a beautiful day and I took the opportunity to go for a motorcycle ride. I rode to Hobbytown USA's model contest and entered some of the models I had built. Many of the guys got a kick out of the fact I carried them in the saddlebag of the bike. From there I went up to Hermy's BMW in Port Clinton. I ran into a bunch of Mac-Pac guys including Dick and his brand new 800 St which is very pretty. It had 147 miles on it when he arrived at Hermy's. My 1993 K with 86K doesn't look as pretty anymore, but I love it just the same. Ate a free lunch and then went home and hung out with the family. Then I went back to the model contest. I took Best In Class for my 2003 Honda race bike in the motorcycle catagory. I also took a third place for my 1978 BMW 325i Race car.

I am going to try and update daily, or maybe weekly, but I will try to update more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home