This is a blog about nothing in particular. I am no one special, other than the fact that we are all special in one way or another. Along the ride we will talk about life in general, motorcycles, music, kids and other fun stuff. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Friday, April 20, 2007

The Rat Pack



Last night my in-laws took my wife and I to see a show at the Hershey Theater in Hershey. The show was called the Rat Pack and it was a tribute to the orginal Rat Pack seen in the picture above. Now I am a little younger than the average Frank, Sammy and Dean fans (Peter Lawford was not featured in this show)but I was raised to know and appreciate good music. Also a little more background. I played saxophone for many year. I was in the Jazz Band and even played a bit in college, so I can really get into big band stuff. The gentlement that played Frank, Sammy and Dean were uncanny. I used to see those three a lot on TV as a kid,because my parents would watch them whenever they got the chance. The mannerisms, the jokes, the voices, they really had it all. The guy who played Frank Sinatra even looked just like him, alothough maybe a bit younger than when he was playing Vegas full-time. All in all it was an excellent show and I am glad I got the opportunity to see it.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sax is one of the sexiest instruments in the world. Jazz band and the Rat Pack, super cool stuff!
My son played the sax, but quit in high school. I miss hearing it.

7:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home