This is a blog about nothing in particular. I am no one special, other than the fact that we are all special in one way or another. Along the ride we will talk about life in general, motorcycles, music, kids and other fun stuff. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The bike has been parked. . .

and I am very bummed about that. There are a number of issues right now that mean I do not get much time for riding. One issue is time. I am working two jobs right now, and that simply means that I do not have as many free hours as I used to have. Take Sundays for instance, generally a nice day for a ride. Well, in the morning there is church. I usually go every Sunday, but I will on occasion skip it. But then there is my daughter's soccer game, which is either at 1:00 or 3:00. right smack in the middle of the day meaning not much time to go anywhere. On top of that I usually work Sunday evenings, so they are shot too. During the week there is soccer practice and dance lessons to shuttle the kiddo to, and lets not forget Dr.'s appointments for the baby. So time is a big issue.

Then there is the work issue. I changed jobs in September, and I went back into the Biology classroom. I love the students and the subject, but its a different curriculum which means I need to spend a lot of time prepping materials. I also need to drop my daughter off at her Aunt's house who watches her before school, so I can't even commute on the bike.

The money issue is there as well. Fuel price high and a pay cut means that there is not a lot of available cash to spend. The new baby doesn't help with that either. So I need to prioritize, of course family and work takes the more important role for me.

Please do not take this as me whining. I am incredibly blessed with a wonderful wife and children a beautiful home and all of those things. I will ride when I get the time. I just don't have it right now. Because of this school's schedule I will be teaching different student's the same classes in the spring, which means I can refine the lessons, but I will not have to recreate like I am doing now. As the baby gets older I feel more free as far as commitments there go. Because we live close to family my wife can also get help if she needs it. Which is nice. I also have a conference in upstate PA in late October that I am hoping to ride to, that will be nice.

So like I said, not whining but simply explaining the situation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack Riepe said...

Dear John:

I wouldn't construe any of this message as "whining." Sometimes one writes to inform others. Sometimes one writes to inform himself. Sometimes we write to remind ourselves of the agenda, the goal, and what is important.

This is a tough year for a lot of people, myself included. At least we can ride on the pages of these blogs.

Fondest regards,
Jack Riepe
Twisted Roads

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home