This is a blog about nothing in particular. I am no one special, other than the fact that we are all special in one way or another. Along the ride we will talk about life in general, motorcycles, music, kids and other fun stuff. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sick Children

I awoke at about 2 AM with a hard mass under my right arm. A tumor, you ask, nope. The mass under my arm was a lot harder to remove, it was the head of a 5 year old girl, or munchkin as we call her. She has been fighting a cold the last few days. It started on Tuesday morning as I drove her into school, she sneezed. A normal occurance, and there usually is snot involved. But Tuesday's snot had color, and was copious. Yellowish and dripping off of the chin. I handed her a left over Subway napkin and she cleaned up. Yesterday my wife took most of the day off work and took her to the doctors. Just a cold. Today I took off, she was tired and miserable, and so was I. when we are tired in the middle of the night we will let her finish off the night in our bed. Its bad, we shouldn't do it, but we are tired and damnit we just need sleep.

So I get the head digging into my side and my wife gets the feet. Another day begins. She was miserable all day. Thank God tomorrow is Friday and I will get the day at work, because that will be a day of rest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was worried there for a second when I read the opening line, but wound up laughing. hehehe

My daughter has finally stopped sleeping with me--11. I miss her. She still sneaks in once in a while.
I let both of my kids sleep with me very often when they were small. Sharing the covers and space is much better than carrying them back to their beds!

Glad you like your new glasses. Glad I don't have to wear em yet. My son just got contacts for the first time. I'm thankful not to have to go through all of that.

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home