This is a blog about nothing in particular. I am no one special, other than the fact that we are all special in one way or another. Along the ride we will talk about life in general, motorcycles, music, kids and other fun stuff. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Induction Part II

They took posed photos of all of the inductees and their representatives on Saturday before the ceremony. I was the first to pose because the photographer liked my tie. After this one was taken one of the Rickman brothers come over to me and says "I noticed you didn't suck in your belly." I said "A great man once said I am what I am." He looked at me and who said that, I responded "Popeye" He cracked up at that.

The posed shot of the inductees and representatives. The gentleman on my right owns a multi-million dollar corporation. As we were posing I looked down and we were wearing the same shoes. I pointed this out to him, he said "Men's Warehouse?" I said yes and we both laughed. Nice to see I shop at the same place rich guys do.



This is just a great shot of my lovely wife and daughter, the lights of my life.




Here I am speaking, one of the few times I looked up.


I guess I said something funny, or something.


After the video played and I was handed the medal. I will admit that I got choked up as I thanked everyone on behalf of my grandfather. You may be able to see the tears in my eyes.

This is the host for the evening. His name is Mark Blackwell, he is the General Manager of Victory Motorcycles, the other American motorcycle company.

After the ceremony one last group shot on the stage. It was a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home